ALTER/NATIVE by Suma cruelty-free body care range is created using the natural powers of plants that love your skin and respect our planet.
Best for Sensitive/for all hair types
Exceptionally mild. Ideal for all hair types and anyone with sensitive skin.
Their moto: "There's more than one way to fight dirty"
How to use:
Massage gently into wet hair. Rinse. For truly excellent hair care, follow up with the Clear & Simple conditioner.
SLS Free | Paraben Free | SLES Free
CRUELTY-FREE | VEGAN | MADE IN UK
Want a Zero waste option?
- After you purchased the first bottle. (it is recommended that you refill the bottle that had the same product in it to avoid contamination)
- Refill at our stall or pop up, please see the main page for more information on physical locations.
- Reuse Forever!
Alter/Native Clear & Simple Shampoo 400ml
Aqua, Ammonium lauryl sulphate*, Cocamidopropyl betaine**, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Citric acid, Sodium chloride, Sodium benzoate.
*Derived from coconut/sustainably sourced (RSPO) palm
Free from Parabens SLS and SLES. Vegan BUAV approved Cruelty-free
What Alter/native by Suma says about their ingredients:
"What’s in their shampoos (1)
- Water- we use good old Yorkshire water. It acts as a solvent keeping all the oil and dirt bound to the chelating agents in solution so it’ll go down the plug hole.
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate (ALS) – derived from RSPO certified palm, ALS is a surfactant used for foaming and cleansing.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine – derived from coconut, it’s a surfactant that produces foam and helps to keep any washed out oil or dirt in solution.
- Aloe Vera – concentrated aloe vera leaf juice soothes the scalp and aids with detangling.
- Citric Acid – is derived from vegetables and is used as an acidity regulator.
- Sodium Chloride (aka salt) – there are a few different sources of salt. The one we use comes from brine produced in nearby Cheshire. The brine is heated to produce a thick salt solution before the majority of the water is removed. To get rid of the extra moisture, the salt is dried using hot air. It acts as a thickening agent reacting with the surfactants to create that lovely viscosity.
- Sodium Benzoate – this acts as a preservative in haircare products.
This forms the base of our conditioners to which we add essential oils.